Thursday, December 6, 2012

Latest Books & TV & Movies

What I've read for me:

French Kids Eat Everything by Karen Le Billon
The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom - I HIGHLY recommend this book and other books written by Corrie Ten Boom. PHENOMENAL WOMAN!
Death in the Floating City by Tasha Alexander - Latest book in the Lady Emily series of Victorian murder mysteries - Love them!
So You Want to Raise a Boy by W. Cleon Skousen - Fabulous book for parents of boy. I check it out at least once a year for reassurance that my kid is normal. Someone needs to write one for girls. 

Books for kids' school:

Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Queen Eleanor: Independent Spirit of the Medieval World by Polly Schover Brooks
Changes for Kaya (American Girl book) by Janet Shaw
Christmas Picture Books - one of my favorite parts of the season! Our favorite is Hilary Knight's The Twelve Days of Christmas (Hilary Knight is also one of my all-time favorite writer/illustrators. Love his Cinderella and illustrations for Owl & the Pussycat). 

TV:

Fringe & How I Met Your Mother- I'm don't really care about these shows, but Kurt is watching them, so I love to hang out with him until I'm ready for bed. 
Big Bang Theory Season 5
Latest episodes of Phineas & Ferb
Once Upon a Time - I want to like this show because I love fairy tales, but I find it horribly cliched and predictable. But I keep watching it anyways.
Stars Falling From the Sky - Korean drama. I don't watch it much because no one else likes it and they are somewhat tiring because each episode is over an hour long. I save them for when Kurt is out of town and I can impose early bed times for all. 

Movies:

Chronicle - weird, sad movie
SkyFall - love James Bond. Although it occurs to me James Bond movies are also horribly cliched and predictable. But I like them anyways. 



2 comments:

What's going on these days....

Kurt- Busy as ever with work  Decided to do his Master's degree Still playing guitar & charming our children to sleep Mana...