Friday, May 24, 2013

Charlotte's Web

I love Charlotte's Web

I read it aloud to Olivia & Jolie at bedtime last month and they loved it, too. I loved watching their faces - surprise at the idea of a baby pig being killed, the horror at the idea of Wilbur being killed in the fall, laughing at Templeton and the geese, sadness when they realized Charlotte was going to die. It was so fun.

Austin and Nyah snuck in with us, so they could listen to it again. 

So when I saw that the Utah Children's Theater was doing Charlotte's Web I knew we had to see it. 

It was so fun and entertaining. My kids loved it. 

I loved how Charlotte climbed all over the set and did acrobatic twists and turns on the ropes and swings. I loved when Jolie was watching Charlotte spin on a ring in the middle of the stage and she looked up at me with big eyes and whispered, "It's beautiful!"

It was Jolie's first play and she is still talking about it.

Some pictures:
Humble
President of the Fair
Wilbur & the baby spiders

But I confess I was a little disappointed. The play was missing some of the magic found in the book. Those little bits that have to be cut out to make a book a play. 
“Do you understand how there could be any writing in a spider's web?"
"Oh, no," said Dr. Dorian. "I don't understand it. But for that matter I don't understand how a spider learned to spin a web in the first place. When the words appeared, everyone said they were a miracle. But nobody pointed out that the web itself is a miracle."
"What's miraculous about a spider's web?" said Mrs. Arable. "I don't see why you say a web is a miracle-it's just a web."
"Ever try to spin one?" asked Dr. Dorian.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's going on these days....

Kurt- Busy as ever with work  Decided to do his Master's degree Still playing guitar & charming our children to sleep Mana...