Monday, June 2, 2014

Olivia's chin

So the day after Sophie's elbow, I figured we'd stay home, keep things nice and quiet and rest. Naturally, my kids all strongly disagreed. Even Sophie. So after much asking on their part and much no-ing on my part, we finally settled on an activity. Austin was hanging out with his friend and Nyah was going swimming with her friend. Olivia and Jolie wanted to go swimming, and Sophie was willing to hang out with me poolside. I thought, "Yeah, right" but figured we'd at least try. At the very least, it would be better than sitting at home listening to Sophie whine and beg to ride her bike, right?! Ha.

We were at the pool for less than 5 minutes when Olivia showed me this:

"I was jumping up out of the water and I hit my chin on the edge and it hurts." 

Confession: I wanted to cry. 

After yelling at Jo to get out of the pool, which of course she didn't want to do because we had just gotten there, we headed back to the Instacare.

Hi, yes, I'm back, but with a different daughter who needs stitches and please don't call CPS.


The doctor finally came in and glued her back together- while making a liposuction joke after trimming off some of her fat in the cut- um, ever heard of bedside manner?!


So far they both seem to be healing well, if all their biking, jumping, scootering, and constant need to always be doing something are any indication.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's going on these days....

Kurt- Busy as ever with work  Decided to do his Master's degree Still playing guitar & charming our children to sleep Mana...