Saturday, November 24, 2012

Hawaii 2012 - Day 3 & 4


Day 3

This was a beach day and again we forgot to bring our camera. In the morning, our group had access to paddle boards, a canoe, and snorkeling equipment. Kurt and I decided to go out snorkeling. It was about a half mile swim out to the "best" area for snorkeling- beautiful, clear water, lots of fish, and where the sea turtles came to have their shells cleaned by the fish. 

I didn't know I should have taken some Dramamine before we headed out. I was so sea sick by the time we swam out there that every time I put my head underwater I felt like puking. I know what your thinking- then the fish would come to me! I guess we had a great calorie-burning swim - something we both needed with all the delicious food we were eating. 

Day 4

Kurt went golfing. No surprise there :). I spent the morning at the beach, stopped by the farewell luncheon to say good-byes, and then had the Hualalai Isalnd Stone massage in the afternoon. Heavenly!!

Then it was sadly time to make sure everything was packed up and ready to go. We had dinner and watched our last sunset. Then we climbed on the shuttle, caught the red-eye, and made it home to the snow and cold and 5 excited-to-see-us children. Well, 4 were happy. Sophie was quite angry at us for most of the day- giving us her best dirty looks every time we asked if we could give her a hug or snuggle. I guess by bedtime she decided we were forgiven because she climbed between us and went to sleep. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

What's going on these days....

Kurt- Busy as ever with work  Decided to do his Master's degree Still playing guitar & charming our children to sleep Mana...