Friday, November 16, 2012

Um, dum diddle di dum dum dum

So.... how are you all? 

We are doing good. Really. Overall. 

Last week Kurt and I were in Hawaii having a fabulous time while our wonderful friends, the Alba family, and my awesome parents took turns taking care of our kids {without any major incidents, well there was a naked 2 year old incident, but that's normal so overall a success}. And I'll probably blog about our trip sometime soon.

But this week has been a challenging week of getting back to our regular scheduled programming without the regularly scheduled part. 

Olivia had an MRI and follow-up visits with the ENT and opthamologist. All on different days- Wed, Thu, & Fri - gobbling up our week and causing Olivia to declare this morning, on our way out the door, "I hate doctor's appointments." Her protest continued through her eye appointment with her uncooperativeness {is that a word?}. Which is so unlike Olivia, and yet so completely understandable, even if she did score 2 new Barbies this week. 

And I've reviewed the MRI report and there's a new finding. 

And it's just a little much to try to process amid the chaos caused by recovering from vacation and not being home all week.

Picture laundry, dirty dishes, toys, books, shoes, papers everywhere & a talkative 11 year old who I need to listen to now so he'll keep talking to me later, an intensely jealous 10 year old who is trying to get attention by driving me crazy, a 5 year old who is trying to understand why all this is happening to her, a snuggling needing 4 year old recovering from cold, and a 2 year determined to never ever ever let me out of her sight again {ever}. 

So I'm trying to do the only thing that works - hand life over to God and do one thing at a time. 

It's not always easy. Sigh. 

1 comment:

What's going on these days....

Kurt- Busy as ever with work  Decided to do his Master's degree Still playing guitar & charming our children to sleep Mana...