Thursday, February 21, 2013

My entertainment

Books
I was in a book slump. I didn't know what I wanted to read. So I re-read Edenbrooke. Then I re-read all my favorite parts. Then I re-read all my favorite parts again. And again. Then I tried to find some similar books through goodreads. 

I read some of Sarah M. Eden's books - The Kiss of a Stranger and Friends & Foes, which I liked well enough to request a couple of her other books. In desperation, I read The Pirate Ruse by Marcia Lynn McClure which started okay, but ended sappy. Ok, it was probably sappy the whole time. Then I grabbed a book of short stories by Georgette Heyer - Pistols for Two. Oh, Ms. Heyer - I love her books.

Then I grabbed a series I've been meaning to read for a long time - Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books. I read from One for the Money to To the Nines.

In between those I re-read some of my favorite Georgette Heyer books -  Arabella, The Unknown Ajax, The Quiet Gentleman, and Sylvester. 

I read Prom & Prejudice and a few more Jane Austen spin offs. 

Now I'm back in a slump, I have a couple more of the Stephanie Plum books and I have a couple holds coming from the library, but I'm not all that excited about them. 

Ive been reading Robin Hood with Austin- Roger Lancellyn Green's and Howard Pyle's to compare. White Stallion of Lipizza and Sarah Bishop with Nyah. Happy Birthday Felicity! (book 4 of American Girl series) with Olivia & Jolie. Sandra Boynton books with Sophie. Ooo, snuggle puppy of mine!

TV
I'm watching the Amelia Pond Dr Who seasons again. I was watching Downton Abbey with Kurt, but it's not a show I've gotten all that interested in, so I stopped when he went out of town. Kurt and I are watching Castle season 4. 

Other
I'm planning our next school year. It's so fun. I'm being sincere :) I love looking at all the possibilities and researching different programs and trying to find the perfect fit and talking with my kids about what they want to learn. Note to self: talk to kids before you start planning next time, because they will want something completely different than you think they want. This planning is a little early this year, but we have a deadline for My Tech High this week so I needed to get an idea of what we wanted to do and talking about it got me excited. I'll probably change it a dozen times before our next school year anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's going on these days....

Kurt- Busy as ever with work  Decided to do his Master's degree Still playing guitar & charming our children to sleep Mana...