Tuesday, October 22, 2013

And the results are in.....




Nyah does not have an autism spectrum disorder. 

I'm okay with being wrong. 

However, as one of my friends said, I'm getting off one roller-coaster and jumping straight onto another: 

The psychologist believes Nyah has depression and anxiety and ADHD. I think it fits with the trouble we are experiencing. It breaks my heart to know my dear girl is depressed and anxious all the time.

But I am optimistic - I knew we were on the right path when the psychologist said she wants to focus on Nyah learning the life skills to handle the depression and anxiety first, and worry about the academic stuff down the road, if its still needed, as the life skills may lessen the academic concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's going on these days....

Kurt- Busy as ever with work  Decided to do his Master's degree Still playing guitar & charming our children to sleep Mana...