Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Nyah & ASD


I know people don't think I'm lying when I tell them Nyah is on the autism spectrum, but I also know they don't see the day-to-day, year-to-year situations that have led me to this point. 

They aren't trying to work with her black & white, profoundly inflexible thinking. 

They aren't trying to help her calm down when she's rocketed past her ability to control herself. 

They don't see the intense fear and pain in her eyes when she's extremely distraught and can't stop herself.

They aren't trying- desperately, daily- to help her see she is an amazing, talented, beautiful girl, and mistakes & mishaps do not mean her whole entire life is horrible and worthless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's going on these days....

Kurt- Busy as ever with work  Decided to do his Master's degree Still playing guitar & charming our children to sleep Mana...