Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Interesting Homeschool Finds


My Quibbles with Charlotte Mason - along with this, I've been having the thought that it's easy to get caught up in what "experts" say your homeschool should be like. But I think there is no one right way to homeschool. Even with a CM style of homeschooling there are hundreds, thousands of ways of doing it. Find what works for you and your family!

Your Schedule is Plan B - We are currently (knock on wood, salt over the shoulder, evil begone, etc.) in a period of a "perfect schedule," and that always scares me. I can't help wondering when/how it's all going to come crashing down change. For a while now I've been thinking of writing a blog post about how we are currently managing our schedule. Hope I get to it soon :)

End child nagging & negotiating with just three simple words - Take this advice and add lots of time & consistency! I've been working on this with Olivia & Jolie. They like to ask/tell/impatiently-nag-me-50-times for whatever they need and/or want. 

18 Reasons why Doctors and Lawyers Homeschool Their Children

Live classes at Currclick - I'm thinking about signing up my aspiring marine biologist for some eWorkshops this summer. 

National Center for Learnings Disabilities: Video: Reading Tips for Children with LD by author Andrea Davis Pinkney. And really, all the videos I've watched have been very informative! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's going on these days....

Kurt- Busy as ever with work  Decided to do his Master's degree Still playing guitar & charming our children to sleep Mana...