Sunday, April 28, 2013

Interesting Thinks

Stuff: Nyah & ASD/LD Articles:
I'm thinking about:

I've been reading a book called Free Range Learning: How Homeschooling Changes Everything and this paragraph on page 13 has stopped me in my tracks:
"The emphasis on the correct answer squeezes out unconventional thinking. The fear of making mistakes squelches creativity and innovation. After years of being taught to avoid making mistakes, the child has also learned to steer clear of originality."
There are many things I want to do and too often I don't try because I don't want to fail. I tell Nyah at least a dozen times a day - "Mistakes are okay. Mistakes are how we learn.  We have to keep trying even if we might mess up" - I don't always live that way myself.






No comments:

Post a Comment

What's going on these days....

Kurt- Busy as ever with work  Decided to do his Master's degree Still playing guitar & charming our children to sleep Mana...