Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Interesting Thinks

So, I'm always checking on emails and FB on my phone, which leads me to many interesting things I want to keep track of or remember to look at more in-depth.  And then I end up with lots of pages on my phone and need to find someway to keep track of them before I lose them. Which is why I'm posting them here. You may enjoy them as well. :)

Preschoolers & Peace is making over her blog - I like the new, clean look. And the advice is  always fabulous- in particular, Little Drama Queen Girls is soooo applicable to me. 

{ In the Head of Al Fox } I stumbled across this blog on FB and loved the post Tattooed Mormon. Can we all stop judging each other already? I'm excited to look around the blog a little more.

Can we stop comparing ourselves to others too? Or stop looking down on our own lives? Martha's To Do List at Time Out For Women was a beautiful reminder to love where we are and what we are doing. 

This is a great reminder for me as we are coming to the end of our "official" school year (through our charter school): Last Week(s) of School at Marathon Mom.

Why You Can't Read Twilight: A Letter to My Daughter at Carrots for Michaelmas. Confession: I've never read any of the Twilight books so I don't have personal opinions on them. And I know lots of people who like them. It's a little weird because I typically like teenie/romance-without-sex-on-every-page books or usually I'm willing to see what all the hype is about for popular book series'. I just couldn't ever get into reading them. But I agree with many of Haley's points about what she does want her daughter reading. And I love many of her books suggestions: 10 Books You Must Read to Your Daughter (try not to get sucked into the Disney Princess debate in the comments), 10 Books You Must Read to Your Son (there are some wonderful children's version of the Iliad, Odyssey, Beowulf, Greek myths, BBC dramatic recordings of LOTR, etc. that we've read/listened to before diving into originals), and 20 Picture Books That Will Delight Your Children (I've added some to my library requests). Currently, I'm reading Charlotte's Web to our kids before bed. I'm so excited to go to the Children's Theater Charlotte's Web play next month. Reading Charlotte's Web coupled with watching Vegucated this week and I'm feeling incredibly conflicted about our food choices - in particular the barbecue ribs Kurt bought for dinner today. Sigh. 





1 comment:

  1. You asked for book recommendations a while ago, and I just finished a book called the Alchemist about a shepherd goes looking for his treasure in Africa. Great book, it's only downfall is that it's SUPER short.

    ReplyDelete

What's going on these days....

Kurt- Busy as ever with work  Decided to do his Master's degree Still playing guitar & charming our children to sleep Mana...