Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Dr. Sophie




Yes, we were at the doctor's office again. I haven't taken my kids to the doctor's office as many times in the last 2 years as I have the last 2 months (well, aside from NF1 related stuff). Yuck. 

Sophie had a killer cold. She was oozing goop from her eyes and nose non-stop for over a week. After one particularly horrible night of not sleeping, she woke up her eyes were sealed shut, goop streaming out of her nose, and she was completely miserable, I decided it must be an infection and made her an appointment. Then I gave her a bath and watched her have a near complete recovery in the 5 hours before her appointment. Of course. The doctor gave me an Rx, but I didn't even bother to fill it. 

He spent only a couple minutes examining Sophie and then a chunk of the time talking over Olivia's last MRI results. I asked for a copy of the report because I knew he is in the same network as the hospital where the MRI's are done. He felt the need to go through it with me. After a while I started to feel confused and frustrated with what he was saying, and then he said, "Of course, I don't know very much about NF1." 

Of course you don't! Why the heck am I sitting here listening to you?!

And let's be honest - I spent over an hour waiting for him, less than 5 minutes on Sophie, and maybe 10 minutes on Olivia. There is something so wrong with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's going on these days....

Kurt- Busy as ever with work  Decided to do his Master's degree Still playing guitar & charming our children to sleep Mana...