Friday, March 15, 2013

Homeschool Myths & Questions

I get a number of people asking me questions about homeschooling. I am always open to discuss and answer questions about homeschooling. But sometimes comments can be a little silly:

Oh, you homeschool? So, you don't have to make lunches everyday. 
Right, because we don't eat. 

Oh, you homeschool? So, you don't have to do back-to-school clothes shopping.
Right, because we run around naked.

Oh, you homeschool? So, you don't have to deal with homework.
Right, because we're not at home doing schoolwork. 

Yes, these are real comments from real people. Just a little silly from my perspective :)

It's always a great thing when I don't have to reinvent the wheel by writing up new blog posts. There are many wonderful homeschoolers willing to address these same topics: 

Kris @ Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers is talking about Pros & Cons of Homeschooling - Part 1: Cons

And iHomeschool Network's "I Can't Homeschool Because...." series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's going on these days....

Kurt- Busy as ever with work  Decided to do his Master's degree Still playing guitar & charming our children to sleep Mana...