Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Our {Wild&Crazy} Wednesday

March 6, 3013

5:45am - wake up. Kurt has a conference call and we have iffy service at our house so he heads to the Home Depot parking lot. He'll grab stuff for the basement when he's done. Jolie climbs in bed with me. She was up late so I wait to get up, hoping she'll go back to sleep. I get up and get ready to run. Jo wakes up. I tuck her back in bed and go downstairs. I forgot the treadmill is outside because we're getting carpet in the basement today. Go back upstairs. Read through email and facebook. Receive a message from a friend who is going through a horrible family crisis.

6:30am - Jo's not going back to sleep so I turn on cartoons for her. I read my scriptures. Olivia comes down and ten minutes later Sophie is up too. 

6:50am - I go shower and get ready. 

7:15am - wake up Austin. Try to wake up Nyah. Get breakfast for myself and the 3 little girls. Do dishes and clean up kitchen. Kurt calls and we talk over a few things - I text him a list for the grocery store. 

7:45am - try to get Austin & Nyah up and going.  

8:00am - Austin & Nyah tantrums/defiance. Lay down the law. 

8-9am - Nyah's fighting me about everything: toys, reading scriptures, getting dressed, and so on. She's upset because she wants to put together her Lego Friends Treehouse and I won't get her the instructions right now. While this is going on I help the little girls get dressed, brush teeth, and do hair. 

9am- Get on the computer to find lego friends instructions. Check on my friend - relay updates to Kurt. I google, find & try to figure out how to condense 120 pages of the lego instructions into less so I can print it. Still figuring out how to do things on the new computer.  

9:30am - Devotional with kids. Nyah works on the lego set & the other kids color while Austin & I take turns reading.

10am - Kurt's home. Kids are working on school work now. Nyah is watching My Friend, Flicka while still working on lego set. Austin is doing computer literacy. Little girls are building with legos and coloring. 

10:15am - carpet guys show up. Kurt takes them in the basement to talk everything over and then he heads to work. 

10:30am - carpet guys upstairs fixing where the carpet meets the tile. LIttle girls and I sit on couches watching until their done and back downstairs. 

11:00am - I do math with Olivia & Jolie. Kids are all snacking and watching My Friend, Flicka until it ends. 

11:30am - I grab lunch. Nyah is on the computer playing on BrainPop. Austin is reading for Medieval History. Little girls playing. 

12:20pm - Kids are ready for lunch. They come in and out of the kitchen, grabbing and munching as they continue what they are doing. Sophie keeps cornering me trying to buttons the undone buttons on my collared shirt. I clean up the kitchen. 

1pm - Kids back to school. Nyah's doing her math. Austin does his math and then tries working on lego robotics but the software isn't working. I try to figure it out and fail miserably. Austin works on science. 

1:30pm - Austin is doing a science experiment in the kitchen. Nyah is taking a school break and joins him. They have fun playing with candles and matches. Little girls watch. Me too. 

2:30pm - Nyah gets in gear and finishes her school work so she can play on the playstation. Austin works on school between sword fights with Olivia & Jolie. LIttle girls and I do language arts and handwriting. 

3:30pm - Austin finishes up his stuff and joins Nyah. Little girls are playing together semi-peacefully. I get things ready to go. 

4pm - get kids off playstation and have everyone get ready to leave- finding shoes and jackets, going to the bathroom, grabbing snacks. Google maps says it will take 20 minutes to get to our new piano lessons location.

4:20pm- leave house. It only takes 10 minutes to get to piano lessons but that's long enough for Sophie and Jolie to go to sleep, so we wait in the car and let them nap. 

4:45pm - head into piano lessons. Lessons will be at 5:20, but we're early because we are starting Simply Music and the teacher needs to go over a few new things before the group lesson. The little girls happily and quietly play with the teacher's kids upstairs. I sit in the lesson with Austin & Nyah. 

5:50pm - done, load everyone in the car. Kurt calls while we're headed home - it will be a while before he leaves work. I grab In-N-Out burgers for dinner. 

6:30pm - home, eat dinner, watch Avatar: The Last Airbender while we eat.  Nyah is stressed out about piano so she's acting out: refusing to do any of the new piano, suddenly loving the old piano method, lashing out at family, short tempered. 

7pm - Everyone gets ready for bed and we watch Avatar until bedtime.

8pm - Everyone to bedrooms. I read to kids- Felicity book, Betsy Ross biography. Kurt comes in while we're reading. Kurt keeps Sophie with him while she goes to sleep. 

8:45pm - I come downstairs. Sophie is asleep. Kurt and I watch Castle until I fall asleep on the couch. 

Wake up sometime and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's going on these days....

Kurt- Busy as ever with work  Decided to do his Master's degree Still playing guitar & charming our children to sleep Mana...